More than often, things dont go according to plan. From a delayed flight which upsets an entire schedule to life plans going awry. Most of the times these things happen because of circumstances beyond our control.
The issue is not that we cannot control the circumstances. The issue is how we respond to those circumstances. Helplessness? anger? despair? But how are these emotional states going to change anything? Those circumstances will happen anyway.
I have discovered a way to deal with such situations. When ever something like this happens, I force myself to step away from the situation and try and look at things very objectively. The problem is already known... Can I now look at the possible solutions? In some cases I do find solutions. In others where no solutions are in sight, like in the case of a delayed flight, I find it much better to just accept the situation. I cant fight it, and its useless to even try.
But there have been a few occasions, when something beautiful has happened. Suddenly a third option, completely independant of the situation crops us. And that experience has become a cherished memory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.